Emergency Procedures Checklist
Use this checklist at the beginning of meetings or classes to be prepared in an emergency.
- “In case of an evacuation, the nearest exit from the building is _____”.
- “If we do need to evacuate, we will meet up at _____ (location).”
- “The nearest place to take shelter during a tornado warning is _____.” (View Severe Weather Emergencies)
- If there is a person in the room who is in a wheelchair or needs special assistance, ask for volunteers to help this person.
- Ask people to look around for places to hide, should you need to Shelter in Place.
- “The nearest fire alarm is ______.”
- “The nearest fire extinguisher is ______.”
- “The nearest AED (Automated External Defibrillator) is located ______. (View Medical Emergencies)
- “A desk phone is located ______ if no cell phone signal is available.”
Asking for Volunteers
Ask volunteers to help with emergency notifications and procedures – ask for primary and alternate.
- “In case of emergency, who is willing to call ICC Police at (309) 694-5111 or by using the ICC Guardian App?”
- “In case of fire, who will volunteer to pull the fire alarm?”
- “Who is willing to retrieve the AED if there is a medical emergency?”
- “Who is trained and willing to perform CPR and use the AED?”
Peoria Campus Police
Phone: (309) 694-5223
Peoria Campus, Student Center, 140