International Support Services (ISS) provides international students with the support and assistance necessary to achieve their educational goals and to ensure institutional compliance with government immigration regulations. It provides the documents required for international students to obtain and maintain their legal status. ISS strives to create an environment conducive to a successful educational, personal, and professional experience.
|Semester||Outside U.S.||Inside U.S.|
|Fall Term (begins August)||June 15th||July 15th|
|Spring Term (begins January)||November 15th||December 1st|
|Summer Term (begins May)||March 15th||March 30th|
Application Requirements to Receive I-20
All International Students Applicants (F-1 Visas Status) must complete the following items to be considered for admissions and to receive an I-20:
- ICC International Student Information Form
- ICC Affidavit of Support
- High School Transcripts
- TOEFL iBT or IELTS Scores
- ICC NextGen Accuplacer scores
- Copy of Passport
Secure File Upload
- Go to Secure File Exchange
- Click on Secure Upload
- Select International Students
- Fill out the form and attach your documents
Illinois Central College Student Information Form
Bank Verification & Affidavit of Support
- You must submit a bank certification or letter verifying that you and/or your sponsor has at least $23,310 USD to provide for your first year of tuition, fees, and living expenses (must be dated within the last six months).
- An applicant can have more than one sponsor.
- Funds can be from the U.S. or another country, or both.
- The U.S. State Department requires sponsors to show verification of assets to cover tuition, fees, and living expenses. See Estimated Cost of Attendance 2022-2023 (also included in Affidavit of Support Form).
Educational Background Documents
- You must include proof of your high school completion (secondary education) with your application.
- Your diploma or certificate of general education should be translated into English.
- Copy of Passport (and printed Form I-94, if already in the U.S.)
- We require a copy of your passport (the page with your photograph and identifying information).
- If you currently reside in the U.S., we need a copy of your U.S. visa stamp and your printed Form I-94 record from cbp.gov/i94. Choose the “Get I-94 Now” link from the right side of the web page.
Proof of English Proficiency
To determine English proficiency, all international F-1 applicants must submit proof of English proficiency by submitting their results from the TOEFL iBT or the IELTS and complete Illinois Central College’s Next Gen Accuplacer or submit ACT/SAT scores.
Submit Scores (only one required):
and (only one required):
- ICC’s Next Gen Accuplacer: 237-300
- ACT Reading: 18-36
- SAT Evidence-Based Reading & Writing: 480-800
You will need to provide the citizenship, country of birth, date of birth, and gender information for all dependents (spouse and/or children) and provide a copy of each family member’s passport, visa, and I-94 card (if appropriate).
Provide the following items:
- A transcript from your current school
- A printed copy of your Form I-94 record from cbp.gov/i94
- Copy of your current Form I-20
After you have been accepted to Illinois Central College, you must contact your current school to request that your SEVIS record be transferred to Illinois Central College; School Code CHI214F0071000.
Mandatory health insurance is required for all Illinois Central College international students. To learn more, check out international student insurance explained.
When all fees, documents, and records are received you will be admitted to Illinois Central College and your I-20 transfer form will be submitted.
2022-23 Estimate Cost of Attendance
Independent Full-time Student
|Expense||On-Campus Housing||Off-Campus Housing|
|Tuition & Fees||$4,960||$12,480|
|Books & Supplies||$1,600||$1,600|
|Misc. & Personal||$3,000||$3,000|
International Education Program
Phone: (309) 694-8817
Mon-Fri: 8 am – 4:30 pm