Create a Club
Before you begin the process of forming a new student club, take time to check out the existing clubs and keep in mind that each club at ICC must support the mission of the college and meet a need that is currently not being met by any existing club.
How to Form a New Club
If you believe you have an original idea for a new club, follow the steps below to start the process of forming a new club:
- Complete and return the Charter form to the Office of Student Life.
- Meet with the Student Life Manager to discuss your plans and goals.
- Survey students and find a minimum of 10 who are interested in joining the club. Complete and return the General Membership Roster.
- Select an advisor(s) for your club. This must be a currently employed staff or faculty member (full-time or adjunct) and have the advisor(s) approved.
- Draft a constitution
- Discuss paperwork, constitution, polices, and services with our office.
- Receive a copy of the Registered Club Handbook
- Hold a club meeting to approve the constitution and formally elect officers.
- Complete and return the Intent to be Active form
- Complete and return the Signature Pages.
- Attend a student club orientation, that’s held at the beginning of each Fall Semester.
Be sure to reach out to us if you need help throughout the process!