Upon Program Acceptance
There are additional steps to enroll in a health science program once you have been officially accepted.
Step 1 – Program Registration
- Plan your class schedule
- Obtain health information
- Complete the authorization for fingerprint and background check
If unable to attend, please call (309) 690-7530.
Step 2 – Schedule IWIRC appointment
Student’s medical records are kept on file at the Illinois Work Injury Resource Center (IWIRC) in Peoria. Drug screening, background check and finger printing must be completed at IWIRC. It is recommended that the physical examination and immunizations required for admittance into a health science program be done at the IWIRC, but you may choose your own healthcare provider.
Illinois Work Injury Resource Center (IWIRC)
736 SW Washington, Street, Suite 2A (Washington and State Street)
Peoria, IL 61602
Mon-Fri: 7:30 am – 5 pm
- Cost of drug screening is $44, and fingerprint/background check is $36 (will be billed to the student by ICC).
- Payment for physical exam and immunizations conducted at IWIRC must be paid at time of service. (IWIRC accepts debit, credit card, or money order at time of service. No Cash).
- If you choose your own healthcare provider for completing the physical exam and immunization you must submit the completed exam form and documentation to IWIRC and the Health Careers Assistant.
You must keep a copy of all documents/information submitted. Program director/faculty is not allowed to accept student health records or information. While enrolled in a health science program, individual compliance will be continuously monitored. Any student not in compliance will not be allowed to enter or continue in the program.