Steps to Apply
Complete the FAFSA
That’s the Free Application for Federal Student Aid online form that you and your parents/guardians submit (if you are age 24 or younger) to be eligible to receive financial aid.
You should file the FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1 of each year for the next school year. You can tell FAFSA that you and your parents/guardians will be filling your taxes and use estimated figures for the form. Once you and your parents/guardians have filed your taxes, you both can go back to your FAFSA and use the IRS Data Retrieval Button to securely pull in tax information from the IRS database. ICC’s Financial Aid Code: 006753
Acceptance into an ICC Health Careers program is competitive, based on an earned point total. Student earn points based on grade point average, ACT scores, previous degrees, work experience, etc.
01Complete and submit an ICC admission form
You must apply to ICC before you can apply to a specific Health Careers program.
02Complete the Accuplacer placement test
To set up an appointment for placement testing, contact our Testing Center.
03Meet with a Health Careers advisor
To set up an appointment with a Health Careers advisor, call (309) 690-7530. Be prepared to answer the following:
- To which health careers program do you wish to apply?
- What is your COMPASS reading score?
- What was your ACT score?
- Do you have any health career certificates, licensers, or degrees?
- Have you worked in a health career field?
- Do you have volunteer experience in a health career field?
- Additional questions are program specific
Also, you must bring copies of your high school and college transcripts.
* If you wish to apply to the EMT program, you only need to complete steps 1, 2, and 3.
04Submit required documentation
After meeting eligibility requirements, you must submit the following documentation to apply to a specific Health Careers program:
- Program Checklist
Prospective student may apply for up to three programs but must meet the eligibility requirements of each.
- Computed Tomography
- Dental Hygienist
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Healthcare Professional to RN Completion Program
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coder
- Medical Lab Technician
- Medical Office Administrative Assistant
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Respiratory Therapist
- Surgical Technologist
- Official transcripts from issuing institution(s)
- Health degree(s) and/or certifications
- Work/Volunteer Experience form
Send or submit documentation to:
5407 N. University St.
Peoria, IL 61635-0001
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to call (309) 690-7530.
Application deadline for most ICC Health Career programs is January 15. Phlebotomy program admits students twice a year — January 15 for Fall semester and October 1 for Spring semester. The Medical Laboratory Technician program admits twice a year — January 15 for Fall semester and October 1 for Summer semester. The Nursing Assistant (CNA) program and Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) program accepts students every semester and have a separate admission from the other Health Career Programs.