Healthcare Professional to RN Completion
The mission of the Associate in Applied Science Degree, Healthcare Professional to RN Completion Nursing Program is to provide theory, laboratory, and clinical learning opportunities to develop the student's knowledge, skills, and attitudes to transition into the professional registered nurse role. The nursing program is committed to high educational standards based on quality and safety, and best practices in nursing, to prepare graduates for a successful career as a professional Registered Nurse.
Admission to the Program:
- Graduated from state-approved Practical Nursing Program or Paramedic Program.
- Achievement of a conversion score of 75% or higher on the Evolve HESI LPN to RN Mobility Assessment or Paramedic to RN Mobility Assessment, may only take up two times in 12 month period.
- Active Illinois license as Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Paramedic.
- Currently employed as an LPN, Paramedic, or equivalent OR departmental approval.
- Completion of BIOL 205, BIOL 206, and BIOL 210 with a grade of “C” or better.
- Completion of ENGL 110, PSY 110, SOC 110, and FCS 110 or 120 with a grade of “C” or better.
- ICC grade point average (GPA) of a 2.5 or above (if you have attended ICC).
- GPA of 2.5 or above at the last college attended (other than ICC) OR completion of 18 credit hours of courses required of the program at ICC or other colleges with a grade of “C” or better.
Requirements upon Program Acceptance:
- Drug screen, fingerprint criminal background check, physical exam, and immunizations.
- Documentation of current Healthcare Provider CPR certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) - (HLTH 041 at ICC or equivalent) or American Red Cross (ARC) Professional Rescuer and Health Care Provider. CPR certification must remain current throughout the program.
- Required attendance at the Nursing Program Admission Orientation and at the Nursing Student Orientation Day.
Graduates are eligible to take the National Council State Board of Nursing (NCSBN) Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) and may apply for licensure to practice nursing as a professional Registered Nurse (RN).
The Associate in Applied Science Degree – Registered Nurse (ADN Program) is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN®), 3343 Peachtree Road NE Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, Phone (404)975-5000, Fax (404)975-5020, Website www.acenursing.org.
The Associate in Applied Science Degree – Registered Nurse (ADN Program) is approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) and Illinois State Board of Nursing (ISBN), James R. Thompson Center, 100 W. Randolph St. Suite 9-300, Chicago, IL 60601, Phone (312)814-4500, Website www.idfpr.com/profs/Nursing.asp.
Associate in Applied Science (Career Program)
Total Credit Hours: 60
Select a course number below to see a course description.
Required General Education Courses
|ENGL 110||COMPOSITION I *||3|
|COMM 110||INTRODUCTION TO COMMUNICATION: PRESENTATION AND THEORY ||3|
|PSY 110||INTRODUCTION TO PSYCHOLOGY *||3|
|BIOL 205||PRINCIPLES OF HUMAN ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY I *||4|
|BIOL 206||PRINCIPLES OF HUMAN ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY II *||4|
|HUMANITIES/FINE ARTS ||3|
Required Program Courses
|BIOL 210||MICROBIOLOGY *||4|
|BASIC NUTRITION *|
|FCS 120||PRINCIPLES OF NUTRITION *||3|
|RNRS 116||INTRODUCTION TO CONCEPTS FOR NURSING PRACTICE ||2|
|RNRS 119||HEALTHCARE PROVIDER TRANSITION TO NURSING PRACTICE ||9|
|RNRS 216||NURSING PRACTICE CONCEPTS III ||9|
|RNRS 217||COMPLEX NURSING PRACTICE CONCEPTS IV ||9|
|RNRS 218||CONCEPTS FOR NURSING PRACTICE CAPSTONE ||2|
|SOC 110||AN INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY *||3|
* ENGL 110, PSY 110, SOC 110, FCS 110 or 120, BIOL 205, BIOL 206 and BIOL 210 need to be completed with a grade of "C" or better prior to admission into the Healthcare Professional to RN Completion Program.
Transfer of comparable credit from other institutions may be evaluated and accepted toward meeting requirements of ICC Nursing Program's general educaiton courses. Transfer credit is not automatically accepted for occupational or vocational "program courses"; demonstration of proficiency or competency is required. Credit is not given for work experience.
Recommended Course Sequence
|Summer Semester||BIOL 205|
|Fall Semester 1||ENGL 110, PSY 110, BIOL 206, BIOL 210|
|Spring Semester 1||SOC 110, FCS 110 or FCS 120|
|Summer Semester||RNRS 116, RNRS 119|
|Fall Semester 2||RNRS 216, COMM 110|
|Spring Semester 2||RNRS 217, RNRS 218, HUMANITIES/FINE ARTS|
Program Contact Information
Health Careers Department
Peoria Campus, Cedar 105