Academic Support Center
In-person and Online Tutoring
Students can work with ICC’s own Academic Support Center tutors. We offer both in-person and online tutoring. View our available times at icc.mywconline.com. Make your appointment at least 2 hours in advance! What is online tutoring like?
Want to Be a Tutor?
The Academic Support Center is experiencing staffing challenges for both in-person and online tutoring.
Currently, the Academic Support Center has no tutors available for:
- Computer Science.
The Academic Support Center has limited capacity for in-person and online tutoring for:
- Earth Science
Student Success Series
The Academic Support Center is offering a series of free zoom workshops to support our students with online learning.
Introduction to College Learning
Geared toward new ICC students, this workshop will get you off to a great start by covering
the basics of using ICC email, navigating blackboard, and offering tips for achieving success
- Wednesday, August 18 at 10 AM (Online)
- Thursday, August 19 at 2 PM (Online)
- Tuesday, August 24 at 6 PM (Online)
Improving Study Techniques
Discover ways to study more efficiently in both online and in-person classes. Learn to
take better notes, make the most of your textbooks, and create a better study space.
- Tuesday, August 31 at 3:30 PM (East Peoria Campus)
- Thursday, September 30 at 2 PM (Online)
- Wednesday, October 27 at 10 AM (Online)
Relieving Time Pressure
Do you struggle with time management? Learn strategies to be more efficient by employing
techniques to plan your schedules for classes, study time, work, and home life.
- Wednesday, September 8 at Noon (Peoria Campus)
- Thursday, October 7 at 2 PM (Online)
- Tuesday, November 2 at 6 PM (Online)
Using Your Learning Style
Investigate learning styles and learn strategies for studying according to your preferred
learning style. You’ll discover alternative study methods that will work best for you.
- Thursday, September 2 at 2 PM (Peoria Campus)
- Wednesday, September 29 at 10 AM (Online)
- Tuesday, October 26 at 6 PM (Online)
Conquering Test Anxiety
Reduce the stress of taking tests by learning how to prepare, relax, and think positively.
- Wednesday, September 1 at Noon (East Peoria Campus)
- Tuesday, September 28 at 6 PM (Online)
- Thursday, October 28 at 2 PM (Online)
- Tuesday, November 30 at 6 PM (Online)
- Wednesday, December 1 at 10 AM (Online)
- Thursday, December 2 at 2 PM (Online)
Navigating Online Courses
If the online learning environment is new to you, please click here to find helpful resources on navigating your Blackboard site, communicating with your instructors, and managing your tasks and time while learning online.
Many of the helpful handouts and study resources students use in the Academic Support Center have been digitized and are available on our Resources for Students page!
Students can also receive tutoring online through ICC’s partnership with Smarthinking Online Tutoring. Live, drop-in sessions and live scheduled sessions are available. Students can also submit questions for asynchronous feedback. Writing support is available in a variety of formats. Please see our page on Smarthinking Online Tutoring for more information on how to access help.
What students are saying about tutoring from the ASC:
“Great help! Easy to understand.”
“Thanks for making my math struggles easier.”
“This place is awesome. I love it and how helpful the people are.”
“I love how [the tutor] took his time with me even though I didn’t know what I was doing.”
“I got all of my questions answered and feel ready for my test.”
“Taught me how to fix my program without doing it himself. Best way to learn.”