Illinois Central College is committed to keeping our community informed on any COVID-19 developments. We believe transparent communication is important during this unprecedented time. Any COVID-19 incidents relating to ICC will be updated here. For questions contact [email protected].
6/7/21 Update: At this time, ICC will continue to require face masks, social distancing, and wellness checks on campus, even for those fully vaccinated. Thank you for understanding and for helping us prioritize safety.
COVID-19 Confirmed Cases at Illinois Central College
Symptoms of Covid-19 and Tips to Avoid Spread of disease
Symptoms of this infectious illness include fever, cough and difficulty breathing. Based on current information, symptoms can appear anywhere from 2 to 14 days after initial exposure to the disease and can be transmitted from inhaling or touching infected droplets—usually through a cough or sneeze—from an infected person. College community members are advised to exercise everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay isolated when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
See the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for additional information on prevention.
All students who need medical attention should immediately contact a medical provider.