Below is an overview of the Coronavirus resources applicable to all ICC employees and students.
All members of ICC should consider carefully any upcoming travel plans in the U.S. or abroad, including personal, non-university travel. All members of the community should take reasonable precautions against transmitting illness, including washing hands thoroughly and often, covering coughs and sneezes, and not attending class or work when feeling unwell.
Symptoms of Covid-19 and Tips to Avoid Spread of disease
Symptoms of this infectious illness include fever, cough and difficulty breathing. Based on current information, symptoms can appear anywhere from 2 to 14 days after initial exposure to the disease and can be transmitted from inhaling or touching infected droplets—usually through a cough or sneeze—from an infected person. University community members are advised to exercise everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay isolated when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
See the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for additional information on prevention.
All students who need medical attention should immediately contact a medical provider.