Computed Tomography Certificate
The mission of the Computed Tomography Program is to prepare knowledgeable and skilled entry-level CT technologists to meet the needs of the medical community.
Admission to Program
- Successful completion of an accredited program in: radiologic technology, nuclear medicine technology and/or radiation therapy technology with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50.
- Currently hold national certification and registration in Radiography, Radiation Therapy, or Nuclear Medicine and maintain a current license in medical radiation technology from the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA), Department of Nuclear Safety.
- This one-semester program is offered in the spring and fall semesters with limited enrollment based on clinical availability.
- Drug screen, criminal background check, physical exam, and proof of immunizations, will be required following program acceptance.
- Required proof of current CPR certification: American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider (HLTH 041 at ICC or equivalent)or American Red Cross (ARC) Professional Rescuer and Health Care Provider by specified date. Proof of certification must be in the form of an original or photocopy of course completion card issued by either the AHA or ARC. Students are required to maintain current CPR certification throughout the program.
Certificate (Certificate Program)
Total Credit Hours: 14
Select a course number below to see a course description.
Required Program Courses
||SECTIONAL ANATOMY FOR DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING
||PATHOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGY FOR THE IMAGING PROFESSIONAL
||COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY PRINCIPLES, INSTRUMENTATION AND IMAGING PROCEDURES
||COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY PRACTICUM
||COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY REVIEW
This certificate program is online. Please contact the Virtual Campus Office for more information. (309) 694-8888 or icc.edu/VirtualCampus.
Recommended Course Sequence
|Fall Semester 1||RADTK 260, RADTK 270, RADTK 280, RADTK 285, RADTK 290|
Program Contact Information
Health Careers Department
Peoria Campus, Cedar 105
Illinois Career Cluster