Program Integrity Statement
As of July 1, 2011, the U.S. Department of Education regulations authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act (HEA), (the “Program Integrity Rule”) require, that each college or university authorized to offer postsecondary education ensure access to a complaint process permitting student consumers to address the following:
- Alleged violations of State consumer protection laws that include but are not limited to fraud and false advertising;
- Alleged violations of State laws or rules relating to the licensure of postsecondary institutions; and
- Complaints relating to the quality of education or other State or accreditation requirements.
Illinois Central College, as an authorized institution in Illinois, is committed to full compliance with the Program Integrity Rule and provides the following confirmation to all current and/or prospective students:
- The Higher Learning Commission accredits Illinois Central College. You may review the College’s accreditation information.
- Illinois Central College takes student complaints seriously and works with students to resolve formal complaints in a timely manner. For a list of our formal student complaint processes, please see the ICC Student Rights and Responsibilities.
Formal Grievance and Complaint Process
Illinois Central College seeks to resolve all student concerns quickly and effectively. This process serves as a means for students to discuss concerns or register formal complaints pertaining to alleged violations of State consumer protection laws. These include but are not limited to:
- fraud and false advertising;
- alleged violations of State laws or rules relating to the licensure of postsecondary institutions;
- and complaints relating to the quality of education or other State or accreditation requirements.
Please address your concerns as follows:
- Concerns related to academic programs or accreditation, please contact the Academic Affairs Office at [email protected] or (309) 694-5784.
- Concerns related to student and campus life, admissions eligibility, tuition/fee payments, academic records or financial aid, please contact the Student Services Office at [email protected] or (309) 694-8971.
- If you have concerns related to sexual harassment and discrimination please contact ICC Compliance Officer (Title VII and Title IX) at [email protected] or (309) 694-8460.
Students generally will fully use any/all of the College’s administrative procedures to address concerns and/or complaints in timely a manner. On occasion, a student may believe that these procedures have not adequately addressed concerns identified under the Program Integrity Rule. In those cases, students may follow these independent procedures:
- Complaints involving consumer laws relating to deceptive advertising, credit, charitable solicitations, telecommunications, telemarketing and sales: Contact: the Office of the Attorney General for the State of Illinois. The Office cooperates with other States, the Federal Trade Commission and other federal agencies in addressing national consumer protection issues.
- Complaints regarding ICC’s ability to meet accreditation criteria: Contact: The Higher Learning Commission (“HLC”), an independent body responsible for the accreditation of programs offered by ICC. HLC relies on constant contact with the College to ensure quality higher learning. Accredited institutions are required to submit progress reports, monitoring reports, contingency reports, and annual reports, as well as to participate in focus visits. Each year, HLC receives a number of complaints from students or other parties. Complaints may be filed with Higher Learning Commission online. HLC will forward a copy of the complaint to the institution and request a formal response
If you have a general request for information about Illinois Central College, its programs and departments, please e-mail your question(s) to [email protected].