Potential Students should STOP. DROP. ENROLL. for Fall 2016 Semester Classes
Illinois Central College is encouraging potential students to stop, drop everything and come to the college for its Stop. Drop. Enroll event, where potential students can enroll in just a few hours. This free event takes place on Wednesday, July 27 from 3 – 8 pm at Arbor Hall on the ICC north Campus, located at 5407 N University St, Peoria and provides extended business hours for class registration. No appointment is necessary and parking is free. Classes for the fall semester begin on Monday, August 15.
At Stop. Drop. Enroll. ICC staff will help prospective students complete all the steps required for enrolling. The process includes:
- Completing and process an ICC application
- Completing placement Testing
- Meeting with an advisor to develop a class schedule
- Fill out financial aid paperwork and setting up a payment plan
- Getting an official ICC identification card
Participants are encouraged to arrive by 6 pm in order to complete all of the steps leading to enrollment. For advising or information only, participants should arrive prior to 7 pm.
Representatives from ICC academic departments, as well as financial aid, testing and enrollment services will be on hand to answer questions and assist participants. Several program that prepare students for jobs with reported high demand will be featured. This includes:
- Automotive Technology
- General Motors Automotive Service Education Program
- 9-1-1 Telecommunicator
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Nursing Assistant
- Truck Driving
- Variety of information Technology programs in both software and hardware
While these programs will be featured, ICC staff will be available to help students explore any of the 127 degree and certificate program, including requirements for selective admission programs.
Information regarding ICC Access Services, scholarships, Emerging Leaders, Campus Housing and Success Caching also will be available.
Potential students should fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) three days prior to coming to the event. ICC Financial Assistance staff is available to answer questions about completing the FAFSA.
To complete all the steps of admission and enrollment, participants should bering the following:
- A valid photo ID (driver’s license, passport, military ID or other government-issued ID)
- Checkbook or credit card to set up a payment plan
In addition, potential students requesting assistance with completing the FAFSA also should bring
- Previous year’s tax transcripts issued by the IRS
- W-2 forms
- Current bank statements
* If the participant is aged 24 or younger, the parent’s social security card, previous year’s tax transcripts, W-2 forms and current bank statements also are necessary.
The event is provided on a first come; first-served basis. The total time needed to complete all the steps depends on the participant’s individual needs.