ICC’s study abroad CLS application now open
The Office of International Education at Illinois Central College is pleased to announce the 2020 Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program application is now open. The CLS Program is a fully-funded study abroad program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State. It provides intensive overseas language and cultural immersion and is open to U.S. students enrolled in all degree programs at ICC.
Through CLS, students spend eight to 10 weeks abroad studying one of 15 critical languages, while earning academic credit. The scholarship includes travel expenses, coursework, group excursions, and a small stipend to cover daily living expenses. Most languages offered by the CLS Program do not require applicants to have any experience studying critical languages.
The CLS Program seeks participants with diverse interests, from a wide range of study and career paths; students from all academic disciplines, including business, engineering, law, medicine, science, social sciences, arts, and humanities, are encouraged to apply.
The CLS Program office is here to support you in applying for this and other study abroad opportunities. For more information, please attend the following informational sessions and activities:
- General Information Table – October 9 & 10, 9:30 – 11:30 am, Peoria Campus Student Center
- Grant Writing Workshop – October 21 & 22, 3:00 – 4:30 pm, East Peoria Campus 337A
- Grant Writing Workshop – October 23 & 24, 3:00 – 4:30 pm, Peoria Campus SC118
- Writing Weekends – November 9, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Peoria Campus H124
- Writing Weekends – November 16, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, East Peoria Campus 304A
For questions or advisement, please contact ICC CLS Advisor Tia VanHester at (309) 694-8817 or schedule an appointment at https://calendly.com/tvanhester.