ICC National Apprenticeship Week Feature: James
James encourages anyone thinking about getting a degree in Industrial Maintenace to do so. “The apprenticeship program practically pays for itself and has increased my earning potential while receiving an education in a highly robust field.”
As an industrial maintenance technician, James will be entering a field where he can expect a long-term career with a good salary, job advancement opportunities and the opportunity to use cutting-edge technology while working with their hands. The median salary is $54,524 per year, with highly experienced workers earning up to $78,727 annually.
After he earns his Associate degree, James plans to attend SIU at ICC to earn his Bachelor’s in Industrial Management and Applied Engineering. He credits his teachers and peers at ICC with being essential in his experience and giving him “the confidence to broaden my horizons.”
Apprenticeship program candidates must apply to ICC and receive pre-qualification prior to company interviews. For more information, contact ICC Workforce Development at (309) 690-6865 or visit icc.edu/apprenticeship.
More Student Success Stories
- WEI Program Saves Jack’s Life
- 'Hands-on' Ag Internship Turns into Start of Maddy’s Career
- ICC Workforce Equity Initiative Provides Pathway to Danielle's Dream
- A New Outlook on Life
- Fighting the odds to Not Repeat History
- One Step Closer to Her Late Mother’s Dream
- Local Student Embraces His Indigenous Roots at ICC
- ICC Agri-Business Club Gives Back to Community & Excels in Competition
- Ciara, and First-Ever Graduating Dual-Degree Cohort, Celebrate Earning Two Degrees