ICC Agri-Business Club Gives Back to Community & Excels in Competition
This year, the ICC Agri-Business Club placed second in the state of Illinois for their outstanding effort in raising money, donating food, or volunteering time. Led by AIT Assistant Instructor Blake Lehman, the group of students logged 41 hours of volunteer time at Hidden Manna Food Pantry in Peoria during the contest. The dedicated group even added another 21 hours of service after the contest had closed.
At ICC, we are proud of our ag students for their willingness to volunteer in the fight against food insecurity in our region and community.
This spring, the Agri-Business Club also had great success at both the national and state levels in the Professional Agricultural Student competitions. Advisors Pete Fandel, Blake Lehman and Grant Grebner coached students as they competed against other community colleges and four-year universities in each event. Students who placed first or second at the state level qualified for the national competition.
AIT Professor and Agri-Business Club Coach Grant Grebner said, “Our students did very well and we are proud of their accomplishments.”
Job Interview Contest Individuals
- 9 students placed 1st
- 5 students placed 2nd
- 1 student placed 3rd
- 1 student placed 4th
Soil Specialty Team earned 2nd place
Precision Ag Specialty Team earned 2nd place
Crops Specialty Team earned 2nd place
Beef Overall team earned 2nd place
Sheep Specialty Team earned 1st place
- 2 ICC students took 1st & 2nd place individually
Swine Specialty Team earned 1st place
- 3 ICC students were in a 3-way tie for 1st place individually
Overall Livestock Specialty Team earned 1st place at State & National levels
- 2 ICC students tied for 1st place in the individual awards
Congratulations to the coaches and hard-working students who represent ICC so well.
More Student Success Stories
- An ICC Family Celebration for Father & Son
- Tragic loss inspires Natalie to help others in Radiographer Program
- CTE programs lead River to prestigious scholarship opportunity
- Journalism Program is the Harbinger for Stephanie’s Success
- A Career Path Change Leads to Changing Lives
- A Hidden Gem of CTE Programs: ICC Interpreter Preparation
- ICC TRiO Leaves Lasting Impression on Bree
- Chase Transitions from Farm to Classroom at ICC
- WEI Program Saves Jack’s Life