Fire/Evacuation Drill Scheduled for Oct. 18 :: Peoria Campus ONLY
ICC will conduct a fire/evacuation drill at the Peoria Campus only on Wed., October 18 at approximately 10:40 am. The drill will include all buildings on the campus and will begin upon the activation of the emergency alarms, lights, strobes, and/or public address systems. Everyone must evacuate the buildings during the drill and remain outside until an “All-Clear” announcement is made.
Emergency evacuation signage and maps are posted in campus buildings. Evacuation procedures also are included in the Emergency Response Guide online and in the printed version of the guide located in campus offices and classrooms.
In order to help you prepare for the drill, below are some reminders regarding the evacuation procedures everyone is to follow:
When an alarm sounds or if you are instructed to evacuate:
- Pay attention and follow instructions given over the public address systems.
- Move quickly and use the nearest safe exit.
- Do not use elevators unless authorized emergency personnel tell you to do so.
- Move at least 1000 feet away from the building.
- Keep doorways, walkways and roads clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- Do not re-enter the building until Campus Police give the “All Clear” signal.
If safe to do so, as you are leaving:
- Notify others who might not have heard the alarm or evacuation order.
- Aid others in need of assistance in exiting the building.
If you are unable to leave the building immediately due to mobility issues or injury and need assistance:
- Call the Campus Police emergency line at Ext. 5111 or (309) 694-5111 to notify them of your situation.
- Give your exact location and someone will be sent to assist you.
Reminder: The fire drill originally scheduled at the East Peoria Campus this week has been postponed.
For questions, contact Chief Tom Larson at Ext. 5225.