From the President
Updated March 18, 2020
The spread of the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) continues to create uncertainty and concern both globally and here in our community. Illinois Central College continues to monitor developments and to take actions that are warranted as new information emerges in this rapidly changing situation. We are constantly monitoring guidance from local, state and national public health officials to take necessary precautions and to share critical new information. Our plan seeks to protect the safety and health of our students and campus community as well as to ensure continuity of our academic and business operations.
The current status for Illinois Central College is as follows:
- The College continues to operate and is converting to a virtual delivery mode for our courses and services.
- We are currently in a two week spring break period to plan for the conversion of classes to online delivery modalities and to maximize the distance service delivery and the number of employees who can work remotely.
- Courses resume on Monday, March 30 in an online format. No in-person class meetings, laboratory sessions or other faculty and student interactions will take place on campus this semester. Students will receive communication from their instructors on how to proceed.
- Once employees have transitioned to working from home, they will have limited access to campus. Please check with your manager for further details.
- All ICC campuses are closed to the public for the remainder of the semester.
- ICC employees should not engage in face to face meetings off campus to conduct college business or professional development until further notice.
We are making decisions in the best interest of our students, our employees and the institution. Every day brings a new set of questions. Please know we are committed to student success and working to provide the best educational experience we can in these exceptional times. For continuous updates and frequently asked questions, visit icc.edu/coronavirus. You can also reach out to us at [email protected].
Employees will find additional guidance and procedures on ICCnet.
Dr. Sheila Quirk-Bailey
President of Illinois Central College