ICC Archive Collection
The Archives Collection includes, but is not limited to, various papers, photos, textiles, recordings, slides, plaques, trophies, framed art and ephemera relating to Illinois Central College from its formation to the present. Also included is a complete collection of College Catalogs and Class Schedules; bound editions of the student newspaper, the Harbinger; and editions of the 1968, 1969, 1969-70, and 1971 yearbooks, the Etruscan.
ICC Archives Donation Form
The ICC Archives has a new donation form. Please provide a filled-out copy of this form with any donation. Thank you.
Hours and Location
The ICC Archives is located on the 4th Floor of the ICC Library (East Peoria Campus Library, Administration Building, L405A), and is open to researchers by appointment. Make an appointment by contacting Bryan Clark by email or call (309) 694-5508.
Rules Governing the use of the Illinois Central College Archives
Established September 2012.
Information for Researchers
The Mission of the Illinois Central College Archives is to establish and maintain a documented history of the institution that is accessible to faculty, students and the community. It is closely related to the purpose of the college itself: “… to serve as a resource for the educational and cultural needs of the community.”
All researchers are requested to register, providing their name, address, phone number(s), signature, student or other identification number and their research topic.
- Coats, briefcases, parcels and personal books are not permitted at the research table.
- No ink of any kind may be used at the research table, use pencils only. Computers may be used at the research table at the discretion of the archivist.
- Smoking, eating, and drinking are prohibited in the archives.
- All archival materials must be handled carefully: use only one folder at a time and keep the papers in their existing order. Do not lean or press on archival materials. Do not trace maps or other records. Wear gloves provided by the archives when handling photographs and other identified objects.
- No material in the archives may be removed from archives. The exception to this would be the loan of an approved item(s) that would be used on the college campus in a locked display area. This signed permission must be obtained from Cathryne Kaufman, ICC Library Services Director by email or call (309) 694-8504, or her designee.
- Researchers are advised that it is their responsibility, not the archives, to obtain copyright clearance to publish or otherwise distribute archival material. Whenever possible, the archivist will provide the names and address of copyright holders.
- If citing material from the archives, the form should be as follows (after identification of the item and title of record group, when applicable)
Illinois Central College Archives, Library, Illinois Central College, East Peoria, Illinois.
Unless restricted or protected by copyright conditions, photocopies of material will be supplied for research purposes. The fee for copying is $.10/page for external researchers. There is no photocopying charge for ICC staff. Also, there is no charge for scans sent electronically. Although there is no precise limit on the number of pages, it may not be possible to fill an order on the day requested, and the Archives reserves the right to carry out the work over a period of time.
Users requiring copies of photographs, maps, sound recordings, or moving image materials are requested to consult Bryan Clark about conditions and charges. Researchers are not allowed to copy archival materials using their own cameras or other equipment.
For more information contact Bryan Clark by email or call (309) 694-5508.