Excellent! Online Teaching
A fully-online 12-week workshop: 8 weeks of online engagement and collaboration followed by 4 weeks of practicum coached by an expert online facilitator.
The workshop’s topics are guided by the chapters of the book Excellent! Online Teaching: Effective Strategies for a Successful Semester Online by Aaron Johnson. As a result of this workshop, participants should be able to answer these question about online teaching and learning:
- Am I ready? Can my class really become a community?
- How do I communicate well with my students? How do I start each week? How do I connect with my students?
- What do I do with failing students? What’s the most important thing?
- How do I grade discussions? How do I give feedback? What sort of feedback do my students need?
- Where do I begin?
- What can I accomplish with the help of the workshop’s practicum?
This experience was created with support from the Endowed Teaching Chair project.