Winter Weather Preparedness UPDATE
It’s “Winter Weather Preparedness Week” in Illinois, which is an appropriate time to review ICC’s procedures for communicating weather-related closing or delays to employees and students.
In an effort to better streamline the process this year, ICC will implement deadlines for communicating this information so employees and students will know when to expect decisions concerning weather-related closings and delays to be made.
The schedule is as follows:
- By 6 am – If ICC will announce that all activities are canceled and offices are closed for the morning or for the entire day.
- By 10 am – If ICC will cancel all afternoon classes beginning at 1 pm and later, and/or evening classes and activities.
- By 3 pm – If ICC will cancel all evening classes beginning at 6 pm or later, as well as evening activities.
You will receive cancellation and delay information in the following ways:
- MyAlert – This is the most efficient way for the College to communicate with employees and students. You will receive messages from this system via text, phone or email to the devices you specified in your MyAlert account.
- Please take the time now to review your account settings or make changes to your preferred contact information. For details on setting up your ICC MyAlert account, visit http://my.icc.edu and review the “Login instructions” link in the MyAlert section.
- ICC homepage – Information on weather-related closings and delays will appear on the alert banner at the top of the homepage.
- Social media – We will update ICC social media with the latest information, according to the schedule listed above.
- Local media – Every effort is made to update our local television, radio and Peoria Journal Star (online) media contacts as soon as a decision is finalized. There is usually a slight delay between the time we alert the media and when the information is distributed.
For detailed information on handling emergency situations on campus, review the Emergency Response Guide on the ICC Campus Police web page.
**PLEASE NOTE: This schedule is subject to change due to unexpected weather concerns. In this case, notifications will be sent. When the decision is made to close the College, ALL offices and activities (including PAC and Athletics events) will be canceled during the designated timeframe. If you receive no information on a cancellation by the designated times, assume the College will remain OPEN until notified otherwise. As always, use your best judgment in traveling from your home to ICC.