Questions and Answers :: WeComply Required Training
This week all ICC employees should have received two emails from Organizational Learning with instructions on completing the WeComply required training. A campus-wide email briefly explained the reasoning for the training assignments, and that information also is outlined in the original Employee News post.
Organizational Learning has received several questions regarding the training and its importance. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions and their respective answers:
- Q: Are these emails legitimate? Am I required to complete both of the trainings?
- A: Yes, ALL ICC employees should have received two separate emails; they are both required trainings. The modules are available to view at your convenience online and must be completed within 30 days. You will receive reminders every seven days until you have completed the trainings.
- Q: I am also a student at ICC. Do I need to complete the student training as well?
- A: At this time, the student training is optional to complete. ICC is required by law to provide access to the Title IX training to all students. It is up to you if you’d also like to complete the student training, as it contains additional information pertinent to the student population. Student Services values any feedback you may give the College.
- Q: Why is this necessary? Haven’t we already done this?
- A: The training is required on a yearly basis. Training on Title IX (federal law of 1972) is now required due to the Campus SaVE Act signed by President Obama in 2013, to inform higher education employees and college and university students of intervention and prevention of sexual misconduct. “Preventing Discrimination and Harassment” (PDH) training is required for all ICC employees as a reminder to respect and treat one another fairly.
- Q: How long does this training take?
- A: Title IX training takes about 10 minutes and helps us to provide a safe environment for our students and intervene when necessary, and PDH takes about 35 minutes and informs employees to maintain a safe and respectful working environment and supports college for defending complaints.
- Q: What is “WeComply”?
- A: WeComply is ICC’s vendor that develops, updates and produces the courses. ICC modifies the courses slightly to fit the unique applications of higher education. WeComply offers other courses which may be assigned for future trainings, such as FERPA, Basic Law for Managers, etc. Each course would be assigned as a separate e-mail.
- Q: Do I need to print my certificate of completion for the courses?
- A: No, employees do not need to print and forward the certificates to HR. We Comply provides reports to the College so ICC can produce evidence of completion, if necessary.
- Q: I am having trouble accessing or navigating the training. What do I do?
- A: Employees are encouraged to read the troubleshooting guide for answers to some of the more common questions. This guide may be accessed at http://icc.edu/faculty-staff/organizational-learning/employee-technology-guides/
Please contact your supervisor with any further questions you have concerning reasons for the assignments. For technical difficulties, use the troubleshooting guides linked above, contact the Help Desk as (309) 694-5457 or [email protected]
Submitted by Associate Dean of Organizational Learning, Janice Kinsinger