NOW Available :: Student of the Year nominations
Do you know of an outstanding student who deserves to be recognized for going the extra mile in all they do? If so, consider nominating them for 2018 Student of the Year!
ICC will select three students who will be graduating, certificate and transferring to receive the Student of the Year Award (SOTY). These students will be recognized at the Student Leadership Awards on April 25 and at Commencement on May 19.
To be eligible to win, a student must be currently enrolled. In addition:
- Nominees must have applied for graduation in that academic year. For example, a student who has applied for graduation for Summer ’17, Fall ’17, or Spring ’18 would be eligible for SOTY for the 2017-18 academic year.
- Nominees must have earned a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA at the time of nomination.
- Nominees must have consistently participated in campus activities, student organizations, leadership organizations and/or volunteer service projects.
- Nominees must be in good standing with Illinois Central College.
- Nominees will be asked to submit a resume and complete an essay to be fully considered.
Nominations will be reviewed by the Student of the Year Selection Committee. Award selection is by majority vote and all proceedings of the committee are confidential. The committee will meet the week of April 2 and choose the winners.
For guidelines, procedures, and nomination forms, visit: