January Celebration of Learning :: Jan. 11, 2017
January Celebration of Learning will be offered Wed., Jan. 11, 2017, with a full day of learning to strengthen teaching and student learning at ICC.
See the full schedule of events.
Highlights of the day’s events include:
- All College Update with Dr. Sheila Quirk-Bailey in the Performing Arts Center (PAC) from 8:30 to 9:30 am
- Institutional Learning Outcomes Summary with the General Education Co-Chairs in the PAC from 9:30 to 10:15 am
- Variety of Lunch and Learns (25 minutes), breakout sessions (50 minutes), and academic department meetings throughout the day
- New Employee/New Faculty Orientation from 4:30 – 8:30 pm for any new faculty
No pre-registration for any of the Wednesday activities is required. Thurs., Jan. 12 is the snow date in the case of inclement weather.
The schedule for the remainder of the week includes:
- Classroom Technology Demonstration and Practice Session – by Ken Burton
- Thurs., Jan. 12
- 10:30 am
- Room 305A, East Peoria Campus
- Basic CPR/AED Training on Fri., Jan. 13 – Please RSVP to Organizational[email protected]
- Co-Ed All Employee Volleyball Tournament on Fri., Jan. 13, beginning at 2 pm. Contact [email protected] by December 16 to register a team or to play. This was a popular event last year, both as a participant and/or as a spectator, so plan to join when you can during the afternoon!