Illinois Central College Presents Arts Week 2016 :: April 18-22
Illinois Central College presents a week of concerts, events and exhibits as the Arts and Communication Department presents Arts Week 2016 from April 18 through April 22 on the East Peoria Campus.
The week kicks off April 18 with several activities, demonstrations and events at various locations, highlighted by the 4th Annual Jim Maloof’s Legacy of Love for the Arts in Central Illinois event at 6:30 pm in the Performing Arts Center. These activities are the first of more than 20 different events scheduled throughout the week, including several performances, art gallery displays, concerts, lectures and more.
Among the scheduled events:
- Vagabond Art Club’s unique The Art of Ice Cream sale, in which the ice cream is sold, served in a bowl made by an ICC art student and the purchaser keeps the bowl
- A demonstration by the ICC Theatre Program’s make-up class
- An exhibit of works by ICC architecture students
- A guest recital, entitled The Sounds of Formosa, featuring Taiwanese Piano Compositions performed by Dr. Pei-I Wang with Meng Chun-Chien
- ICC student and faculty art shows open April 20
All events are open to the public. A full, updated listing of the schedule for the week is available at ArtsAtICC.com/ArtsWeek
For more information, call the ICC Performing Arts Center Box Office at (309) 694-5136.