Fire/Evacuation Drill Scheduled for Tues., May 24 (East Peoria Campus)
The College will conduct a fire/evacuation drill on the East Peoria Campus on Tues., May 24 at approximately 3:30 pm. The drill will begin upon the activation of the emergency alarms, lights, strobes, and public address systems. This drill will include the Main Academic Building (including Technology Center, Career Center, and Library/Administration Building), the AIT Building, Performing Arts Center, and Campus Housing.
East Peoria Fire Department personnel will be on site to assist Campus Police and Facility Services with the drill. Everyone will be expected to evacuate the buildings during the drill and remain outside until an “all-clear” announcement is made.
Emergency evacuation instructions and maps are posted throughout the campus. Evacuation procedures also are included in the Emergency Response Guide online and in the printed version of the guide located in campus offices and classrooms.
In order to help you prepare for the drill, some reminders from the Emergency Response Guide regarding the evacuation procedures everyone is to follow during the drill are listed below:
When an alarm sounds or if you are instructed to evacuate:
- Pay attention and follow instructions given over the public address systems.
- Move quickly and use the nearest safe exit.
- Do not use elevators unless authorized emergency personnel tell you to do so.
- Move at least 1,000 feet away from the building.
- Keep doorways, walkways and roads clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- Do not re-enter the building until Campus Police give the “all clear” signal.
If safe to do so, as you are leaving:
- Notify others who might not have heard the alarm or evacuation order.
- Aid others in need of assistance in exiting the building.
If you are unable to leave the building immediately (because of mobility issues or injury):
- Call the Campus Police emergency line at Ext. 5111 or (309) 694-5111 to notify them of your situation.
- Give your exact location with room numbers or prominent landmarks.
- Someone will be sent to assist you.
For questions, contact Chief Tom Larson at (309) 694-5225