Fire/Evacuation Drill Scheduled for Fri., Nov. 11 (Downtown Campus)
The College will conduct a fire/evacuation drill on the Downtown Peoria Campus on Fri., Nov. 11 at approximately 8:30 a.m. The drill will begin upon the activation of the emergency alarms, lights, and strobes. This drill will include both the Thomas and Perley Buildings. Peoria Fire Department personnel have been invited to observe and assist Campus Police and Facilities Services with the drill.
Everyone will be expected to evacuate the buildings during the drill and remain outside until an “All-Clear” announcement is made.
Emergency evacuation instructions and maps are posted throughout the buildings. Evacuation procedures also are included in the Emergency Response Guide online and in the printed version of the guide located in campus offices and classrooms.
In order to help you prepare for the drill, please review the following reminders from the Emergency Response Guide regarding evacuation procedures:
When an alarm sounds or if you are instructed to evacuate:
- Pay attention and follow instructions of authorized emergency personnel.
- Move quickly and use the nearest safe exit.
- Do not use elevators unless authorized emergency personnel tell you to do so.
- Move a safe distance away from the buildings.
- Keep doorways, walkways and streets clear for your safety and for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- Do not re-enter the building until given the “All Clear” signal.
If safe to do so, as you are leaving:
- Notify others who might not have heard the alarm or evacuation order.
- Aid others in need of assistance in exiting the building.
If you are unable to leave the building immediately due to mobility issues or injury and need assistance:
- Call the Campus Police emergency line at Ext. 5111 or (309) 694-5111 to notify them of your situation.
- Give your exact location or room number.
- Someone will be sent to assist you.
For questions, contact Chief Tom Larson at (309) 694-5225.