Enrollment and Payment Processes Update
At ICC, we are working every day to make a difference in the lives of our students. They are the reason we’re here, and their success is our ultimate goal.
To better serve our students, we’ve made changes to the enrollment and payment processes. I’m confident these changes will further our students’ success and allow more students to complete a credential at ICC. These changes will remove barriers students face when trying to begin or continue their education. After all, our students cannot complete a credential if they are unable to start or remain here.
Keeping that top of mind, please note this important information when working with students.
In preparation for the Spring 2020 semester:
- Please encourage students to take care of any outstanding Fall 2019 charges. It’s not too late for checklist items to be completed or to file for the 2019-2020 FAFSA.
- Spring 2020 or Summer 2020 new students need to complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA to determine eligibility for financial aid.
- Encourage students to declare a program of study, even if they plan to transfer. It greatly benefits the student to declare an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree because it can make them eligible for financial aid and also gives them a plan for degree completion.
- Once enrolled in Spring 2020, encourage students to set up a payment plan or pay their tuition in full by the tuition due date, especially those not planning to use financial aid. The longer students wait, the fewer options they will have.
- Please review ICC’s available payment plans and the tuition due dates for Spring 2020 and Summer 2020. (click here to view)
- There will not be a mass drop of students for nonpayment. However, we will drop those who do not respond to their tuition due notifications, made via phone, email, and text, along with those indicating they will not be attending spring classes. Students should contact Enrollment Services to provide notification.
Planning ahead for the Fall 2020 semester:
- Please encourage students to complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA now to maximize their financial aid eligibility for the next academic year.
- The priority deadline date for returning MAP recipients is December 1, 2019. Students who received MAP grants during the 2019-2020 academic year and continue meeting the eligibility requirements will receive priority consideration if they submit the 2020-2021 FAFSA by December 1.
- Also encourage students to complete the ICC Educational Foundation scholarship application for the 2020-2021 academic year. They can complete one application online at edu/scholarships to be considered for over 600 scholarships. Applications are due March 1, 2020.
Thank you for your help and encouragement in these matters that will benefit students. I am excited to see how these updates and changes will help see students to the completion of a degree, ultimately changing their lives.
Dr. Sheila Quirk-Bailey, DM