Congrats to ICC Student Sustainability Presentation Contest Winners!
Congratulations to the four students who participated in the Sustainability Committee’s biannual Sustainability Presentation Contest on Oct. 26.
ICC students presented for 4-6 minutes on a sustainability topic and were judged by a panel comprised of Sustainability Committee members, including: David Thompson (SSPS), Laura McCue Newport (Food Services), Jen Scoby (MSE) and Kristin Jacobson-Flex (MSE).
A keynote address from Michelle Zurowski of Moraine Valley Community College, titled “Wombats, Footprints and You: Sustainable Life Solutions” kicked off the event.
Congratulations to all the students!
Presentations are available online:
- Keynote speaker Michelle Zurawski, Moraine Valley Community College
- 1st place Jade Allen – “Solar Schools”
- 2nd place Tyler Jones – “A Bittersweet Surprise”
- 3rd place Colton Estey – “Composting” A Sustainable Approach to Recycling”
- 4th place Katherin Inman – “What’s Your Waste Size? The Ethics of Fast, Cheap Clothing”