Changes to Health Services effective Feb. 3
As a result of the restructuring, ICC will no longer have a Health Services office, effective February 3. Because the safety of employees and students is a top priority for the College, we want you to know there are processes in place to provide assistance in the event of a medical emergency.
Health and Emergency Services
- Emergency services: In the event of any emergency, medical or otherwise, contact Campus Police at Ext. 5111 or 694-5111. Dispatchers will assist you and will contact our local municipal services for ambulance transportation if needed.
- Injectable medication or high blood pressure checks: Employees who have previously received these services from Health Services should now request these services from their primary practitioner.
- Private rooms will continue to be available for nursing mothers.
- ADA accommodation concerns will continue to be addressed through your HR Partners.
- Students missing class for medical reasons should contact Dean of Students Emily Points, at Ext. 8501. She then will notify faculty.
- Wellness Works – This program will continue in 2017. Documentation of participation may be submitted throughout the year to Vanessa Swanson in the Benefits Department, Room 338C, or by calling her at Ext. 5475.
- Employee work-related injuries – Should continue to be immediately reported to your supervisor. Supervisors will contact Campus Police at Ext. 5111 or 694-5111 for emergency services if needed.
- Supervisors should contact Tim Anderson at Ext. 8911 for assistance in completing the necessary paperwork.
- Return to work procedures through IWIRC will continue to be coordinated through the Risk Management and Safety Department. Training opportunities for reporting and recording injuries will be offered in the next few weeks.
We appreciate your patience as we work through the details of this transition.
If you have any questions, please contact Tim Anderson at Ext. 8911.
Submitted by Vice President of Human Resources Marti Bloodsaw.