Celebrate Earth Week April 18-22
Join the Sustainability Committee and celebrate Earth Week by attending these great events.
Tuesday, April 19
- Sustainability Contest, 2-4 pm, Lecture Recital Hall (127F)
- Hear keynote speaker Jason Beverlin present “Emiquon: The Nature Conservancy’s Floodplain Restoration Project.” Mr. Beverlin is the Deputy Director River Conservation for the Illinois Chapter of The Nature Conservancy
- Student presentations to follow on a variety of sustainability-related topics
- Open to students, employees and the community
Thursday, April 21
- Nature Trail Hikes, Noon and 2 pm. trail entrance by Lot E
- Learn from Associate Professor Kristin Jacobson Flex about the flora and fauna right in our backyard
- Employees will earn Wellness Works points
- Open to students and employees
Friday, April 22
- The Classroom Goes Green, 1:30-3:30 p.m., Room 239A, East Peoria Campus
- Celebrate Earth Day by learning about how society, the economy and the environment intersect. The two-hour session will cover basic sustainability principles, what ICC is doing to promote sustainability, and how to incorporate sustainability principles and messages into the classroom.
- RSVP to [email protected]
- Open to employees
Participants will earn 5 Wellness Works points for trail hikes.