Our mission is to provide the users of all Illinois Central College with exceptional facilities and outstanding customer service support. The Facilities Services department will provide and care for the physical assets that support the goals and objectives of the College.
Facilities Maintenance/Operations will strive to reduce the cost per square foot while providing exceptional service. As managers we will strive to keep the workforce knowledgeable in new and innovative concepts and methods of operating and maintaining facilities. We will seek to improve satisfaction of the people for whom we provide services to. We will create an atmosphere of shared responsibility in which all staff has the opportunity to contribute in the process of continually improving the services we provide. In addition, we will also work to develop the capacities of our staff by forging a highly diversified, skilled and efficient workforce and finally we will implememnt the learning goal of creating mature and critical thinkers who will be encouraged to think “outside the box”.
The Maintenance Department is the “go to” team for everything from broken windows to painting. Approximately 16 workers staff the department and are on call to ensure everything is properly maintained on campus.
The Maintenance responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Miscellaneous Building Maintenance — Repair/replacement of windows, doors, door closures, floor-tile, ceiling-tile, fire alarms, light fixtures, light bulbs, electrical receptacles, etc…
- Restrooms — Repair, maintenance, or replacement of fixtures such as lavatories, urinals, sinks, mirrors, soap dispensers, etc…
- Installation — Bulletin boards, chalk boards, white boards and clocks
- Heating and Cooling Equipment
- Elevator Equipment
- Special Events — Projects and/or construction
- Kitchen Equipment
To request maintenance services, see Maintenance Connection, or in an emergency call the Facilities Services Department at 694-5120.
Pat Garman — HVAC
Tim Ballard — HVAC
Jeff Diemer — HVAC
Steve Mallory — Electrical
Dan Farrell — Electrical
Tim Parr — Electrical
Ryan Paluska — Plumbing
Greg Herron — Locksmith/Carpenter
Dave Smith – Carpentry
Our Vehicle Maintenance team maintains all campus vehicles, grounds equipment and mowers.
Rory Chance – Vehicle Specialist