Preparedness and Safety Tips
- Program the ICC Police Department phone number (309) 694-5111 into your cell phone or download the ICC Rave Guardian app now for emergencies later.
- Immediately report all crimes and/or suspicious behavior to ICC Police.
- Notify ICC Police if you have an active order of protection or no-contact order.
- Do not leave personal items or valuables unattended, even for a short time.
- Always lock your vehicle, keep the windows closed, and keep valuables out of sight.
- Discuss procedures, signals, or code words with friends and colleagues in case you are confronted with a threatening situation.
- Use the “buddy system” if leaving late in the evening. Call ICC Police if you want an escort to your vehicle.
- Always walk in well-lighted areas and know your surroundings. If you think you are being followed, go to a safe place where there are other people and call ICC Police.
- Always be aware of available exits and potential hiding places in your area. Mentally pre-plan an escape route from every location.
- If a crisis situation occurs, act immediately and move quickly.
- View our page on Surviving an Active Shooter.
- View and download preparedness information on emergency disaster kits.
- Go to the Central Illinois Emergency Information Facebook page for local preparedness news and information.
- Alert your colleagues and ICC Police in advance about a potentially problematic meeting, and keep the door to the room open or meet in a public area.
- Avoid scheduling appointments for times when no one else is around and try to avoid working alone after hours. If you have to work late, advise ICC Police of the expected times and location, and keep your doors locked.
- Employees may request the Green Button emergency icon for their computer desktop. The Green Button provides a silent and covert means of requesting immediate ICC Police assistance when phones or other communication modes are unavailable or inadvisable due to the circumstances of an incident.