Emergency Notices and Campus Crime Alerts
In compliance with the federal Clery Act, the ICC Campus Police Department provides emergency notices, timely warning notices, and a campus crime log to the ICC community.
View the entire Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ICC Clery Act Report) online.
All members of the ICC Community are to notify the Campus Police Department of any situation or incident that involves a significant emergency or dangerous situation that may involve an immediate or ongoing threat to the health and safety of students, staff, and visitors on campus. The ICC Campus Police Chief will immediately notify the ICC Community upon the confirmation of such significant emergency or dangerous situation. Emergency notifications will contain all the appropriate information and may be announced in the following ways:
- ICC MyAlert (voice, text, email)
- ICC Guardian smartphone app
- Public address and fire alarm systems
- In person (officer patrols, group meetings, special events)
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter)
- ICC email
- ICC web site
- Local news media / Press conference
- Information on computer screens in ICC labs
- Informational signage/posters (in prominent locations on campus, i.e. exterior entrances, Campus Housing’s public areas, and bulletin boards throughout campus)
- Electronic signage at college entrances
- ICC Today (district-wide newsletter)
- Direct mail
If it is determined the emergency or dangerous situation threatens communities surrounding our campuses, local authorities will be notified. Emergency notifications may only be withheld if, in the professional judgment of the responsible authorities, the warnings will compromise efforts to assist victims or to contain, respond to, or otherwise mitigate the emergency.
Timely Warning Notices (Campus Crime Alerts)
The College will develop campus-wide timely warning notices for the ICC community to notify its members about certain serious crimes that occur on campus that are considered to represent a serious or continuing threat to the campus community. This is done to enable the college community to protect itself and aid in the prevention of similar crimes. The previously listed means to communicate emergency notifications may also be used for timely warnings.
Campus Crime Log
A Daily Crime Log which includes the nature, date, time, general location, and disposition of each crime reported to the Campus Police Department is available for inspection during normal business hours at each Campus Police Department Office.