Emergency Notices and Campus Crime Alerts
The ICC Police Department provides emergency notices, Campus Crime Alerts, and a campus crime log to the ICC community.
You can view more information in the full Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ICC Clery Act Report) online.
You should notify the ICC Police Department of any significant emergency or dangerous situation that may involve an immediate or ongoing threat to the health or safety of anyone on campus. The ICC Police Chief or ICC Marketing Department will immediately notify the ICC Community when a significant emergency or dangerous situation is confirmed. Emergency notifications may be announced in the following ways:
- ICC MyAlert (voice, text, email)
- ICC Guardian smartphone app
- Public address and fire alarm systems
- In person (officer patrols, group meetings, special events)
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter)
- ICC email
- ICC web site
- Local news media / Press conference
- Informational signage/posters (in prominent locations on campus, i.e. exterior entrances, Campus Housing’s public areas, and bulletin boards throughout campus)
- Electronic signage at college entrances
If it is determined the emergency threatens communities surrounding our campuses, local authorities will be notified. Emergency notifications may only be withheld if, in the professional judgment of the responsible authorities, the warnings will compromise efforts to assist victims or to respond to the emergency.
Campus Crime Alerts (Timely Warning Notices)
If a crime occurs on or near campus that represents a serious or continuing threat to the ICC community, the college will issue a campus-wide Campus Crime Alert. The goal is to enable the college community to protect itself and aid in the prevention of similar crimes. These alerts may be announced in the same ways as emergency notifications.
Campus Crime Log
You can request to view a Daily Crime Log at each ICC Police Department Office during normal business hours. This log includes the nature, date, time, general location, and disposition of each crime reported to the ICC Police Department. Names of individuals are not included in these logs.