ICC Presents Arts Week 2019 April 15-19
Illinois Central College presents a week of demonstrations, exhibits, concerts and other events as the Arts and Behavioral Sciences Department presents Arts Week 2019 from April 15 through April 19 on the East Peoria Campus.
The week kicks off with several April 15 activities highlighted by the 7th Annual Jim Maloof’s Legacy of Love for the Arts in Central Illinois event at 6:30 pm in the Performing Arts Center. The family-friendly event showcases performing arts talent from the Central Illinois area while honoring the legacy of former Peoria Mayor Maloof. The event will be followed by a cookie and lemonade reception sponsored by Chick-fil-A of Peoria. Tickets to the event cost $8, with all proceeds benefiting Maloof’s signature accomplishment, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Tickets can be purchased at ArtsAtICC.com or through the Performing Arts Center Box Office at (309) 694-5136.
The April 15 activities open a weeklong celebration of the arts at ICC with almost 50 events taking place throughout the week. Among the scheduled events:
- Evening performances by the ICC Theatre Program of Craig Lucas’ Blue Window (rated PG 13 for adult subject matter)
- ICC Vagabond Art Club’s unique The Art of Ice Cream fundraiser sale in which the ice cream is sold, served in a bowl made by an ICC art student and the purchaser keeps the bowl
- A recital titled Wanderlust by flutist Abigail Walsh and pianist Pei-I Wang
- Presentations, demonstrations and activities led by various ICC faculty members and guest artists on a variety of topics such as painting, aluminum casting, gelli printing, drawing, ceramics, raku firing, jewelry making and more
- The ICC Student Film Festival
- A performance by the ICC Guitar Ensemble
- The 51st annual ICC student and faculty art shows
Arts Week 2019 is presented by the Arts at ICC, which has a rich history of enhancing the arts community and expanding education beyond the classroom. Arts at ICC presents more than 500 exhibits, performances, lectures, rehearsals, meetings, master classes, clinics, seminars, receptions, orientations, forums, auditions and tournaments annually.
All events are open to the public. Since the event schedule sometimes changes due to weather conditions or other emergencies, a full listing of events will be posted and updated as needed at ArtsAtICC.com/artsweek. Other than the Maloof event and the ICC Theatre Program’s performances of Blue Window, all events are free.
For more information, call the ICC Performing Arts Center Box Office at (309) 694-5136.