ICC Arts & Communication Department presents Arts Week 2017 from April 17-21
ICC presents a week of demonstrations, exhibits, concerts and other events as the Arts and Communication Department presents Arts Week 2017 from April 17 through April 21 on the East Peoria Campus.
A full schedule of Arts Week 2017 events is available at ArtsAtICC.com/artsweek. This online schedule will be updated throughout the week if any changes occur.
The week kicks off with several April 17 activities highlighted by the 5th Annual Jim Maloof’s Legacy of Love for the Arts in Central Illinois event at 6:30 pm in the Performing Arts Center. The event is a showcase of performing arts talent from the East Peoria area honoring the legacy of former Peoria mayor Maloof. Several ICC ensembles and community groups are scheduled to perform at the event, including Peoria Ballet, members of Central Illinois Youth Symphony, the Penguin Project, and more. The event will be followed by a reception fully catered with food donated by Chick-fil-A of Peoria. Tickets to the event cost $7 with all proceeds benefiting Maloof’s signature accomplishment, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Tickets can be purchased in the Ticketing area of our web site or through the Performing Arts Center Box Office at (309) 694-5136.
The April 17 activities open a weeklong celebration of the arts at ICC with almost 50 events taking place throughout the week. Among the scheduled events:
- Evening performances by the ICC Theatre Program of Eric Bogosian’s Suburbia (rated R for strong language and adult themes and situations; tickets available in the Ticketing area of our web site)
- ICC Vagabond Art Club’s unique The Art of Ice Cream sale in which the ice cream is sold, served in a bowl made by an ICC art student and the purchaser keeps the bowl
- Performances by ICC Music Program ensembles such as the Hard Bop Jazz Band, the ICC Guitar Ensemble and ICC Vocal Jazz
- Presentations, demonstrations and activities led by various ICC faculty members and guest artists on a variety of topics such as historic preservation, egg tempera paints, ceramics, Raku and barrel fire ceramics, soft pastels, and more
- The ICC student film festival
- Special presentations by faculty members on homophobia in education and on the interrelationships between art, music and the written word
- The 49th annual ICC student and faculty art shows.
Arts Week 2017 is presented by the Arts at ICC, which has a rich history of enhancing the arts community and expanding education beyond the classroom. Arts at ICC presents more than 500 exhibits, performances, lectures, rehearsals, meetings, master classes, clinics, seminars, receptions, orientations, forums, auditions and tournaments annually.
All events are open to the public. A full, updated listing of the schedule for the week is available at ArtsAtICC.com/artsweek. For more information, call the ICC Performing Arts Center Box Office at (309) 694-5136.