- This event has passed.
Set on a remote island off the west coast of Ireland in 1934, The Cripple of Inishmaan is an strange and offbeat comic tale in the great tradition of Irish storytelling. As word arrives on Inishmaan that Hollywood director Robert Flaherty is coming to the neighboring island of Inishmore to film Man of Aran, the one person who wants to be in the film more than anybody is young Cripple Billy, if only to break away from the bitter tedium of his daily life. A truly brilliant and funny evening of theatre.
“McDonagh’s…comic talent appears unlimited, and he also has a way…of mixing up his humor with a touch of the poet and a profound sense of tragedy always dangerously lurking on comedy’s untidy fringe. In short, young McDonagh is a playwright to reckon with.” — New York Post
“McDonagh’s storytelling style…has the clarity and power of fable. Each character enters not only with his own idiosyncrasy but with his own distinct idiom. McDonagh skillfully juggles rhythms and repetitions so as to illuminate the sadness, defensiveness and longing for connection underneath the characters’ badinage.” —The New Yorker
Rated R for adult language
Produced by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service Inc.
Online Ticketing Terms and Conditions
By purchasing ICC Performing Arts Center tickets online, you agree to the applicable terms and conditions listed below.
- Tickets are sold on a no refunds/no exchanges basis.
- Tickets can be purchased using a valid credit card for listed-ticketed events.
- Tickets are generally made available at least 30 days prior to an event.
- Once on the ticketing system homepage, users can enter the ticketing system site by clicking the Login link.
- For general admission (open/non-assigned seating) events, users select the number of tickets of each type (general admission, student, etc.) they wish to purchase, then enter the payment method on the final screen of the transaction.
- For assigned seating events, users select the number of tickets of each type (general admission, student, etc.) they wish to purchase, then select their specific seats prior to entering the payment method on the final screen of the transaction.
- Handicapped-accessible seating sales must be transacted by phone; please call the Box Office at (309) 694-5136 to purchase such tickets or discuss any special needs. The Box Office is open Mon-Fri: 10 am – 4 pm (excluding holidays) and 1 hour prior to ticketed events in the Performing Arts Center.
- Tickets purchased will be available for pick-up at the will call window up to 1 hour prior to the start of the event.
- Online ticket sales will be cut-off 2 hours prior to the scheduled start time of an event. After that time, tickets may only be purchased via telephone or in person at the Performing Arts Center Box Office.
- Please be advised that not all Arts at ICC events require tickets (such as most free events).
- Users wishing to pick up tickets at time other than immediately before the event should call the Box Office at (309) 694-5136 to make arrangements.
- Users purchasing tickets for an available discounted rate (such as student or senior citizen rates, if available) may be asked to provide proof of qualification (such as a student ID) when picking up their tickets.