- This event has passed.
The Pride of Peoria Barbershop Chorus, in residence at Illinois Central College, presents Roger Remembers Royce! A salute to the Peoria’s own Royce Elliott, on Sunday, October 9 at 2:00 pm in the ICC Performing Arts Center, located on the East Peoria campus.
Elliott, often called “America’s funniest clean comedian,” performed nationally, opening for entertainers such as Conway Twitty and the Statler Brothers nationwide, as well as serving as a regular guest at celebrity roasts.
The October 9 Pride of Peoria event features special guest host Roger Monroe. Elliott and Monroe, friends since high school, hosted a local radio show in Peoria, “Breakfast with Royce and Roger,” for several years. In addition to his role as Elliott’s former colleague, Monroe was his lifelong friend and is looking forward to sharing personal memories of his late friend.
This is the 74th annual show for the Pride of Peoria Barbershop Chorus, a men’s a cappella singing group within the Illinois District of the Barbershop Harmony Society. The group performs on several occasions throughout the year, including its annual show, a yearly ‘sing-in-the-park’ concert at the Glen Oak Amphitheatre, as well as various presentations at senior centers, service clubs, ‘Yule like Peoria’ and other events.
Online Ticketing Terms and Conditions
By purchasing ICC Performing Arts Center tickets online, you agree to the applicable terms and conditions listed below.
- Tickets are sold on a no refunds/no exchanges basis.
- Tickets can be purchased using a valid credit card for listed-ticketed events.
- Tickets are generally made available at least 30 days prior to an event.
- Once on the ticketing system homepage, users can enter the ticketing system site by clicking the Login link.
- For general admission (open/non-assigned seating) events, users select the number of tickets of each type (general admission, student, etc.) they wish to purchase, then enter the payment method on the final screen of the transaction.
- For assigned seating events, users select the number of tickets of each type (general admission, student, etc.) they wish to purchase, then select their specific seats prior to entering the payment method on the final screen of the transaction.
- Handicapped-accessible seating sales must be transacted by phone; please call the Box Office at (309) 694-5136 to purchase such tickets or discuss any special needs. The Box Office is open Mon-Fri: 10 am – 4 pm (excluding holidays) and 1 hour prior to ticketed events in the Performing Arts Center.
- Tickets purchased will be available for pick-up at the will call window up to 1 hour prior to the start of the event.
- Online ticket sales will be cut-off 2 hours prior to the scheduled start time of an event. After that time, tickets may only be purchased via telephone or in person at the Performing Arts Center Box Office.
- Please be advised that not all Arts at ICC events require tickets (such as most free events).
- Users wishing to pick up tickets at time other than immediately before the event should call the Box Office at (309) 694-5136 to make arrangements.
- Users purchasing tickets for an available discounted rate (such as student or senior citizen rates, if available) may be asked to provide proof of qualification (such as a student ID) when picking up their tickets.