Illinois Thespians are excited to announce our upcoming leadership conference, LEADCON! Formerly known as T.A.L.E.N.T, this conference is open to ALL high schools regardless of thespian status, and directors can bring any students, not just thespian leaders!
Here are the important details:
When: Saturday, September 10, 2022
Check in: 9am-9:30am
Location: Illinois Central College Performing Arts Center -1 College Drive, East Peoria,Il 61635
Cost: $15/thespian and $20/non-thespian
What to expect:
- Light morning refreshments during check in
- Keynote Speaker: (Hoping to have confirmed by next week)
- Interactive leadership workshops for students (IEs, Performance, etc)
- Teacher workshops showing the EDTA website and discussing Thespys
- Sharing different troupe displays and connecting students and staff across the state
- Lunch provided by Childer’s Eatery- you will be able to preorder from a selection of sandwich and salad box lunches with vegetarian, Gluten free and allergy sensitive options available. After filling out the registration form, you will be emailed a lunch preference form in late August.
- Attendees will be able to attend a performance of Troupe #8558 production of The Addams Family-The Musical on either Friday or Saturday evening if they wish
Accommodations: For those who wish to make an overnight trip of this event there are many hotel options in the East Peoria Levy District that are 7-10 minutes away from Illinois Central College. There are also a large variety of restaurants in the same area.
Best Western Plus – 300 Eastlight Drive, East Peoria 309-694-4959
Embassy Suites by Hilton- 100 Conference Center Dr, East Peoria 309-694-0200
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott- 200 Eastlight Court, East Peoria 309-699-4100
Holiday Inn Express & Suites- 1100 Bass Pro Dr, East Peoria 309-694-9800
How to apply:
- In order to attend, please fill out the REGISTRATION FORM!!
- You will also need to have students/staff fill out CONSENT/MEDICAL FORMS.
- You can bring payment with you. Please make all checks payable to Illinois Thespians. If you need to send a payment, you can mail it to the following address:
- Illinois Thespians
ATTN: Jim Smith
Ridgewood High School
7500 W. Montrose
Norridge, IL 60706
Again, this year, we are opening this conference to all students, not just thespian leaders. Even if you don’t have a thespian troupe, we encourage your attendance!!
Thanks so much for supporting the Illinois Thespians!
Online Ticketing Terms and Conditions
By purchasing ICC Performing Arts Center tickets online, you agree to the applicable terms and conditions listed below.
- Tickets are sold on a no refunds/no exchanges basis.
- Tickets can be purchased using a valid credit card for listed-ticketed events.
- Tickets are generally made available at least 30 days prior to an event.
- Once on the ticketing system homepage, users can enter the ticketing system site by clicking the Login link.
- For general admission (open/non-assigned seating) events, users select the number of tickets of each type (general admission, student, etc.) they wish to purchase, then enter the payment method on the final screen of the transaction.
- For assigned seating events, users select the number of tickets of each type (general admission, student, etc.) they wish to purchase, then select their specific seats prior to entering the payment method on the final screen of the transaction.
- Handicapped-accessible seating sales must be transacted by phone; please call the Box Office at (309) 694-5136 to purchase such tickets or discuss any special needs. The Box Office is open Mon-Fri: 10 am – 4 pm (excluding holidays) and 1 hour prior to ticketed events in the Performing Arts Center.
- Tickets purchased will be available for pick-up at the will call window up to 1 hour prior to the start of the event.
- Online ticket sales will be cut-off 2 hours prior to the scheduled start time of an event. After that time, tickets may only be purchased via telephone or in person at the Performing Arts Center Box Office.
- Please be advised that not all Arts at ICC events require tickets (such as most free events).
- Users wishing to pick up tickets at time other than immediately before the event should call the Box Office at (309) 694-5136 to make arrangements.
- Users purchasing tickets for an available discounted rate (such as student or senior citizen rates, if available) may be asked to provide proof of qualification (such as a student ID) when picking up their tickets.