- This event has passed.
One event on May 7, 2019 at 2:00 pm
The Illinois Central College Music Program will hold tuition waiver auditions for ICC Vocal Jazz for the fall 2019 semester on May 6 and 7 on the East Peoria Campus. Reservations are required.
A copy of the informational flyer is available at https://icc.edu/arts/files/2019-VJTuitionWaiverFlyer-web.pdf.
ICC Vocal Jazz is one of three vocal performance ensembles at the college, and it offers up to 10 tuition waivers to members. These waivers, available to both incoming and returning students, give participants in ICC Vocal Jazz the opportunity to receive fully paid tuition at ICC as long as they meet and maintain participation, academic requirements eligibility requirements and conduct expectations.
Those auditioning for the waivers must be enrolled or intending to enroll as a full-time student at ICC for the fall 2019 semester. Waiver awards are based on talent and interest rather than financial need, and students do not have to be a resident of the Illinois Central College district to be eligible.
Those interested in auditioning must sign up beforehand for a 10-minute time slot during the dates and times of auditions. Auditions take place May 6 from noon to 4 pm and May 7 from 2 to 6 pm.
Auditions take place in Room 121A, located in the Academic Building on the East Peoria Campus. Those auditioning should have a song to sing. An accompanist will be provided.
The auditions are offered by the ICC Music Program and the Arts at ICC. The Arts at ICC has a rich history of enhancing the arts community and expanding education beyond the classroom. Arts at ICC presents more than 500 exhibits, performances, lectures, rehearsals, meetings, master classes, clinics, seminars, receptions, orientations, forums, auditions and tournaments annually.
The ICC Music Program has three vocal ensembles and three instrumental ensembles which present public concerts on campus and at other events in the area. The ICC Music Program offers a variety of academic classes such as applied music, music literature, music theories as well as private lessons. For general or enrollment information about the ICC Music Program, visit icc.edu or contact the ICC Arts & Behavioral Sciences at (309) 694-5113.
To sign up for the auditions, contact ICC Vocal Jazz director Julie Clemens via email at [email protected] or by phone at (309) 694-8969.
Online Ticketing Terms and Conditions
By purchasing ICC Performing Arts Center tickets online, you agree to the applicable terms and conditions listed below.
- Tickets are sold on a no refunds/no exchanges basis.
- Tickets can be purchased using a valid credit card for listed-ticketed events.
- Tickets are generally made available at least 30 days prior to an event.
- Once on the ticketing system homepage, users can enter the ticketing system site by clicking the Login link.
- For general admission (open/non-assigned seating) events, users select the number of tickets of each type (general admission, student, etc.) they wish to purchase, then enter the payment method on the final screen of the transaction.
- For assigned seating events, users select the number of tickets of each type (general admission, student, etc.) they wish to purchase, then select their specific seats prior to entering the payment method on the final screen of the transaction.
- Handicapped-accessible seating sales must be transacted by phone; please call the Box Office at (309) 694-5136 to purchase such tickets or discuss any special needs. The Box Office is open Mon-Fri: 10 am – 4 pm (excluding holidays) and 1 hour prior to ticketed events in the Performing Arts Center.
- Tickets purchased will be available for pick-up at the will call window up to 1 hour prior to the start of the event.
- Online ticket sales will be cut-off 2 hours prior to the scheduled start time of an event. After that time, tickets may only be purchased via telephone or in person at the Performing Arts Center Box Office.
- Please be advised that not all Arts at ICC events require tickets (such as most free events).
- Users wishing to pick up tickets at time other than immediately before the event should call the Box Office at (309) 694-5136 to make arrangements.
- Users purchasing tickets for an available discounted rate (such as student or senior citizen rates, if available) may be asked to provide proof of qualification (such as a student ID) when picking up their tickets.