- This event has passed.
Rated R for extreme language, adult situations, violence. No one under age 18 will be permitted.
Columbinus, a play sparked by the April 1999 massacre at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colo., is a meeting of fact and fiction that illuminates the realities of adolescent culture by exploring the events surrounding the shootings. The play weaves together excerpts from discussions with parents, survivors and community leaders in Littleton as well as police evidence to bring to light the dark recesses of American adolescence. Columbinus is a wrenching return to the 1999 massacre at Columbine High School in which 12 students and a teacher were killed when two senior classmates went on a shooting rampage. This smart and sensitive treatment of the event, which shocked the entire country, stirs up thought and feeling this ensemble production, drawn from interviews, public records and the private diaries of the shooters.
When Columbinus premiered Peter Marks of the Washington Post called it, “An ambitious examination of the suburbanization of evil”
Variety proclaimed, “This one comes straight from the gut”
Columbinus received five Helen Hayes Award nominations including the Charles MacArthur Award for Outstanding New Play.
Presented by special arrangement with Dramatic Publishing
Online Ticketing Terms and Conditions
By purchasing ICC Performing Arts Center tickets online, you agree to the applicable terms and conditions listed below.
- Tickets are sold on a no refunds/no exchanges basis.
- Tickets can be purchased using a valid credit card for listed-ticketed events.
- Tickets are generally made available at least 30 days prior to an event.
- Once on the ticketing system homepage, users can enter the ticketing system site by clicking the Login link.
- For general admission (open/non-assigned seating) events, users select the number of tickets of each type (general admission, student, etc.) they wish to purchase, then enter the payment method on the final screen of the transaction.
- For assigned seating events, users select the number of tickets of each type (general admission, student, etc.) they wish to purchase, then select their specific seats prior to entering the payment method on the final screen of the transaction.
- Handicapped-accessible seating sales must be transacted by phone; please call the Box Office at (309) 694-5136 to purchase such tickets or discuss any special needs. The Box Office is open Mon-Fri: 10 am – 4 pm (excluding holidays) and 1 hour prior to ticketed events in the Performing Arts Center.
- Tickets purchased will be available for pick-up at the will call window up to 1 hour prior to the start of the event.
- Online ticket sales will be cut-off 2 hours prior to the scheduled start time of an event. After that time, tickets may only be purchased via telephone or in person at the Performing Arts Center Box Office.
- Please be advised that not all Arts at ICC events require tickets (such as most free events).
- Users wishing to pick up tickets at time other than immediately before the event should call the Box Office at (309) 694-5136 to make arrangements.
- Users purchasing tickets for an available discounted rate (such as student or senior citizen rates, if available) may be asked to provide proof of qualification (such as a student ID) when picking up their tickets.