- This event has passed.
The ICC Theatre Program is holding open auditions for George Orwell’s “1984.” Orwell depicts with great power the horrors of man’s fate in a society where Big Brother is always watching—where everything that is not prohibited is compulsory. As the cast presents the play, the audience will be participating in a theatrical event that is both powerful and disturbingly provocative.
A PDF copy of the audition flyer is available at: https://icc.edu/arts/files/1984-theatre-audition-flyer.pdf
Any and all are welcome; you do not have to be an ICC student or theatre major to audition/participate!
Auditions take place April 24 starting at 4:00 pm in the ICC Performing Arts Center Studio Theatre, located on the East Peoria campus. Rehearsals begin August 19 and run Mondays through Fridays from 6:00-10:00 pm. The show is scheduled for six performances over 2 weekends from September 20 through September 29.
If you have questions or are unable to attend the audition, please contact Robin Berkley at (309) 694-8425 or [email protected]
Online Ticketing Terms and Conditions
By purchasing ICC Performing Arts Center tickets online, you agree to the applicable terms and conditions listed below.
- Tickets are sold on a no refunds/no exchanges basis.
- Tickets can be purchased using a valid credit card for listed-ticketed events.
- Tickets are generally made available at least 30 days prior to an event.
- Once on the ticketing system homepage, users can enter the ticketing system site by clicking the Login link.
- For general admission (open/non-assigned seating) events, users select the number of tickets of each type (general admission, student, etc.) they wish to purchase, then enter the payment method on the final screen of the transaction.
- For assigned seating events, users select the number of tickets of each type (general admission, student, etc.) they wish to purchase, then select their specific seats prior to entering the payment method on the final screen of the transaction.
- Handicapped-accessible seating sales must be transacted by phone; please call the Box Office at (309) 694-5136 to purchase such tickets or discuss any special needs. The Box Office is open Mon-Fri: 10 am – 4 pm (excluding holidays) and 1 hour prior to ticketed events in the Performing Arts Center.
- Tickets purchased will be available for pick-up at the will call window up to 1 hour prior to the start of the event.
- Online ticket sales will be cut-off 2 hours prior to the scheduled start time of an event. After that time, tickets may only be purchased via telephone or in person at the Performing Arts Center Box Office.
- Please be advised that not all Arts at ICC events require tickets (such as most free events).
- Users wishing to pick up tickets at time other than immediately before the event should call the Box Office at (309) 694-5136 to make arrangements.
- Users purchasing tickets for an available discounted rate (such as student or senior citizen rates, if available) may be asked to provide proof of qualification (such as a student ID) when picking up their tickets.