Proctoring and Testing Accommodation Services
Testing Accommodations for Access Services
We offer students with documented disabilities testing accommodations through Access Services. Some examples of testing accommodations include:
- Extended testing time
- Low distration testing areas and/or noise cancelling headphones
- Reader or taped verbal form of exams
- Scribe services to write for students or mark scantrons
Before making an appointment with the Testing Center, students must be approved for the requested accommodations. To gain approval, students should submit documentation of the disability and need for accommodation to the Access Services Department. Once the office approves an accommodation, a blue accommodation card, good for one academic year will be issued. Students will share the accommodation card with their respective faculty member(s), and then may make an appointment for exam(s). Students may apply for testing accommodations and upload supporting documentation in our secure online site. icc.edu/around-campus/access-services/
For questions or further information, you may send an inquiry to [email protected] or phone either (309) 690-6945 or (309) 694-5749.
Proctoring Make-Up Tests for ICC
Do you need to make up an exam or quiz? The Testing Center will often “proctor” your exam. Which means you and your instructor will make arrangements for you to take your test or quiz under the watchful eye of our Testing Center staff. For more information, see the policies below.
If your instructor has made arrangements for you to take a test or quiz at the Testing Center, you must make an appointment and present a valid photo ID when you arrive to take your exam.
To use Testing Center proctoring services, faculty must:
- Complete a Faculty Contact Information form at the beginning of each semester and for each testing office used.
- Provide detailed instructions submitted one of two ways:
- Submit through our online Proctored Exam Form and upload a PDF of the exam.
- Submit the exam and our downloadable Proctored Exam Form directly to the Testing Center office where the student will take the exam. This information needs to be printed on GOLDENROD paper and can be emailed to [email protected] or [email protected]
If the student is unable to test, a Test Denial form will be sent to faculty explaining the reason for denial.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment, select the link below and follow these instructions. If you need assistance, please call the Testing Center at (309) 694-5234.
Proctoring Tests for Other Institutions
We offer exam proctoring services for students taking courses at other educational institutions. To arrange for proctoring services:
- Contact us at (309) 694-5234 for information on ICC’s procedure for proctoring exams.
- Comply with procedures for sending exams to the Testing Center.
- The institution MUST provide explicit test administration instructions.
- Make an Appointment
Students and/or the institution providing the exam will be charged a fee for the proctoring service. Students are required to present a valid photo ID before testing.