ICC now offers the next-generation ACCUPLACER test, designed to help place you in classes that match your skill level and identify your knowledge, strengths, and needs in math and reading.
Your test results are the key factor in determining the courses you can take.
- Appointments are required and are made online.
- A photo ID is required to take the test.
- There is no charge for placement testing
- The test is not timed. You are encouraged to take as much time as you need.
- The test session lasts approximately two hours. The average time for each test is 45 minutes.
- Results are available a few minutes after completing the test.
- If English is your second language, contact the Adult Education Office at (309) 690-6826
If you require accommodations for testing, please contact Access Services at (309) 694-5749 to discuss the documentation you will need to submit.
You may repeat each test once per year. You may consider retesting if time has elapsed and you have studied or gained more knowledge, and you strongly feel that your scores could improve. The test may be taken a third time with written permission from an ICC advisor or high school counselor.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment, be sure you’ve submitted an admissions application, then select the link below and follow these instructions. If you need assistance, please call the Testing Center at (309) 694-5234.
Entrance into Biology 205 is dependent upon successful completion of the Anatomy and Physiology placement test (or successful completion of both CHEM 115 or higher and BIOL 111 or BIOL 160). Study Topics are available.
Other placement tests are available but not required for individuals with background knowledge in Spanish, Music Theory and Engineering. For information call the Testing Center at (309) 694-5234.