Our Center is a great place for students to gain valuable experience working with children in an educational and safe environment. Current ICC students have both the opportunity for classroom observation as well as for part-time student employment.
- Classroom Observation: The ICC Children’s Center has observation capabilities and tours available to ICC Child Development Students. These can be scheduled by professors according to our guidelines.
- Student Observation: ICC Students attending child development academic classes can also schedule observation times with the Center.
- Student Teaching: Our Center provides academic training future teachers. We accept student teachers by semester when coordinated by an advisor or instructor.
We offer part-time employment options from Mon-Fri: 8 am – 4:45 pm. Preference is given to Federal Work Study Qualified Students under minimal qualifications. Student employees must be current ICC students.
Keep an eye out for student employment opportunities by selecting the category Student Employment!
Hours of Employment:
- Varies according to each student’s class schedule
- Schedules are set for the same time for an entire semester
- Shifts may include working the same hours on a MWF schedule, TR schedule or a Monday through Friday schedule
- Since class obligations change from one semester to the next, work schedules may change on a semester basis
- The hours for student employees average from 8 to 20 hours per week
- Employment hours are based on the student’s schedule and remain consistent for the entire semester.
- Shifts may include working the same hours on a Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule, a Tuesday through Thursday schedule, or a Monday through Friday Schedule.
- Work schedules may change semester to semester based on the student’s class schedule.
- The hours for student employees range from eight to 20 hours per week.
- Employment is open to any major, but majors relating to child development, early elementary education, nursing or early childhood education are preferred.
- References (3 letters of reference)
- Clearance on a criminal background check
- A medical verifying good health
- A negative TB test