We believe that children deserve a high quality, developmentally appropriate educational program.
The ICC Children’s Center is accredited as a High Quality Early Childhood Program with the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) since 2005.
The ICC Children’s Center is rated with the highest Gold Circle of Quality from ExceleRate Illinois – the Quality Rating Improvement Scale for the State of Illinois.
NAEYC Accreditation of Programs for Young Children is the mark of quality in early childhood education.
Accredited programs by the NAEYC have voluntarily undergone a comprehensive process of internal self-study, invited external professional review to verify compliance with the Academy’s Criteria for High Quality Early Childhood Programs — the ICC Children’s Center has been found to be in substantial compliance with the criteria.
What you should look for as a High Quality Early Childhood Program
Look for these qualities in a child care program:
- Frequent, positive, and warm interactions among adults and children
- Planned learning activities appropriate to children’s age and development, such as block building, painting, stories, dress-up, and active, outdoor play
- Specially trained teachers
- Enough adults to respond to individual children
- Many, varied age-appropriate materials
- A healthy and safe environment for children
- Nutritious meals and/or snacks
- Regular communication with parents who are welcome visitors at all times