Accreditation and AQIP
AQIP Accreditation Process
ICC applied and was accepted as an accredited AQIP institution in May, 2006. In the AQIP version of accreditation, the College identifies three or four action projects that address specific opportunities for improvement. Then, a team is formed to work on those action projects and to submit periodic reports to the HLC. You can view our most recent accreditation documents in our System Portfolio.
AQIP Reaffirmation Action Letter (August 2013)
The AQIP Systems Portfolio is ICC’s self-study document that explicates each of the major systems ICC currently employs to accomplish its mission and objectives. ICC’s Systems Portfolio tells the College’s story clearly and concisely and is an essential component to the Systems Appraisal AQIP organizations undertake with the Higher Learning Commission every four years. Crafting and evaluating the Systems Portfolio is an enlightening activity, an opportunity for ICC to look at its systems and processes in new and revealing ways and to guide ICC in deploying Action Projects for improving the College.
Download the following .PDF documents…
- Systems Portfolio (May 2014)
- Systems Appraisal Feedback Report (Sep 2014)
- Systems Portfolio (May 2010)
- Systems Appraisal Feedback Report (Oct 2010)
- Location of Evidence Relating to CCA (Jun 2010)
Continuous Improvement Principles
AQIP is modeled on the principles of Continuous Improvement, which incorporates a variety of strategies to make organizations better. Some of the important principles of the Continuous Improvement philosophy in an educational institution include:
- All activities are focused on improving student learning
- Processes involve people and departments throughout the college
- Decisions should be data driven
- All decisions/actions should be assessed to measure effectiveness
Traditional Accreditation Process
In the past, when ICC applied for re-accreditation, a group of individuals worked on committees and wrote a document describing the College. This process took about two years and resulted in a document (called a Self-Study) that was sent to the North Central Association (NCA). After reviewing the Self-Study, the NCA sent a team to our campus for an on-site review. Illinois Central College last underwent this process in 2002 and was awarded the maximum ten-year re-accreditation at that time. You can view our 2002 NCA Self-Study in our Historical Documents.
- NCA Self-Study
- ICC Peoria Campus Self Study (formerly ICC North Campus Self Study)
- Online Degree Self Study
- Examiner Feedback Report (June 24, 2005)