CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) Reporting
Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
The following information is provided to comply with the Department of Education’s CARES Act Reporting requirements. An archive of previous reports is available at the bottom of the page.
Report Date: March 31, 2021
- Illinois Central College (ICC) has signed and returned to the U.S. Department of Education the Certification and Agreement and assures the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- ICC has received $1,852,317 from the U.S. Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the 30-day Report and every 45 days thereafter).
- ICC estimates approximately 3300 students at the institution are eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- ICC requested students to self-report needs through a survey to determine which students would receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants. The level of available funding, number of students completing a survey, and simplification contributed to the determination of the flat rate of $1000 for how much those eligible students would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- Students were notified via email of their eligibility and were given a list of frequently asked questions concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
- CARES Quarterly Budget & Expenditure Report (3/31/21)
- HEERF II Quarterly Budget & Expenditure Report (3/31/21)
- February 28, 2021
- January 31, 2021
- Quarterly Budget & Expenditure Report (12/31/20)
- December 31, 2020
- November 30, 2020
- October 31, 2020
- Quarterly Budget & Expenditure Report (9/30/20)
- September 30, 2020
- August 31, 2020
- July 31, 2020
- May 20, 2020