All of the public computer labs on campus offer black and white laser printing. In addition to the public computer labs, there are a number of departments have computer classrooms that may allow you during class to print.
ICC has implemented "Smart Printing" guidelines in order to conserve paper consumption and reduce the costs associated with printing unwanted pages. The goal of "Smart Printing" is to encourage the user to think about what they are printing and only print what is needed.
"Smart Printing" procedures limit each individual print request to:
- 10 pages in all ICC Libraries
- 10 pages in any student help labs
- 24 pages in all computer classrooms
- Cumulative total of 300 free pages from the start of semester
If you exceed the cumulative 300 page total, additional pages can be purchased through Student Services (Accounting) at $.05 per page in increments of 50 pages.
If you need assistance with printing multi-page documents or Powerpoint slides ask a librarian or lab monitor for assistance or contact the Technology Help Desk at (309) 694-5457.
How Smart Printing Works
- The cost of a print job is deducted from the remaining balance
- Purchase additional pages through Student Services (Accounting) department on any campus
- Each semester printing accounts are reset. This means as you approach the end of a semester do NOT purchase more pages than you will need that semester; balances will NOT roll-over to the next semester
- Starts the semester with a credit or balance of $15.00 or 300 pages at no cost to the student
- If a student prints more than 300 pages in any one semester, they may wish to purchase additional pages in increments of 50 at the Student Services
- Are given a network account at no charge and may access network resources at no charge
- If a UIS student wishes to print on campus, they must go to Student Services and purchase pages
- Student may purchase additional pages in increments of 50 pages
Computer Lab Print Environment
All printer queues are managed by the Print Master Plus software.
- All student help labs have a 10 page per print job quota
- "Classroom" computer labs have a 24 page per print job quota