ICC Presents Arts Week 2018 :: April 16-20
Pictured above: Bowls handmade by ICC art students line the table as part of the ICC Vagabond Art Club’s “The Art of Ice Cream” sale during ICC’s 2017 Arts Week. Once again this year, patrons can purchase ice cream in a handmade bowl they get to keep. ICC’s Arts Week 2018 runs April 16-20 on the East Peoria campus; for a full list of activities, visit ArtsAtICC.com/ArtsWeek.
ICC presents a week of demonstrations, exhibits, concerts and other events as the Arts and Behavioral Sciences Department presents Arts Week 2018 from April 16 through April 20 on the East Peoria Campus.
The week kicks off with several April 16 activities highlighted by the 6th Annual “Jim Maloof’s Legacy of Love for the Arts in Central Illinois” event at 6:30 pm in the Performing Arts Center. The family-friendly event showcases performing arts talent from the Central Illinois area while honoring the legacy of former Peoria Mayor Maloof. The event will be followed by a cookie and lemonade reception sponsored by Chick-fil-A of Peoria. Tickets to the event cost $7, with all proceeds benefiting Maloof’s signature accomplishment, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Tickets can be purchased at ArtsAtICC.com or through the Performing Arts Center Box Office at (309) 694-5136.
The April 16 activities open a weeklong celebration of the arts at ICC with almost 50 events taking place throughout the week. Among the scheduled events:
- A student talent show, ICC’s Got Talent, presented by the ICC Campus Activities Board
- Evening performances by the ICC Theatre Program of Martin McDonagh’s The Cripple of Inishmaan (rated R for adult language)
- ICC Vagabond Art Club’s unique The Art of Ice Cream sale in which the ice cream is sold, served in a bowl made by an ICC art student and the purchaser keeps the bowl
- A recital titled Moods a la Mode by flutist Abigail Walsh and pianist Pei-I Wang
- Presentations, demonstrations and activities led by various ICC faculty members and guest artists on a variety of topics such as watercolors, steelworking, gourd painting, ceramics, figure sculpture, and more
- The ICC student film festival
- An activity event, The Joy of Coloring, presented by ICC Library
- An eco-friendly fashion show presented by Student Association For the Environment (SAFE) with donations to the ICC Food Pantry accepted for admission
- A performance by ICC Vocal Jazz
- The 50th annual ICC student and faculty art shows
Arts Week 2018 is presented by the Arts at ICC, which has a rich history of enhancing the arts community and expanding education beyond the classroom. Arts at ICC presents more than 500 exhibits, performances, lectures, rehearsals, meetings, master classes, clinics, seminars, receptions, orientations, forums, auditions and tournaments annually.
All events are open to the public. Since the event schedule sometimes changes due to weather conditions or other emergencies, a full listing of events will be posted and updated as needed at ArtsAtICC.com/ArtsWeek. All events listed on the schedule are open to the public. Other than the Maloof event and the ICC Theatre Program’s performances of The Cripple of Inishmaan, all events are free (although some request donations).
For more information, call the ICC Performing Arts Center Box Office at (309) 694-5136.