Library Cards and Borrowing
Library users must present their college ID to check out materials.
Library ID number is on the back of college ID
College IDs can be made in the following locations:
- ICC Library, Library/Administration Building, L312
- Bookstore, Library/Administration Building, L201
- Enrollment Services, Library/Administration Building, L211
- Enrollment Services, Thomas Building 109 (only location for medical IDs)
- Enrollment Services, Arbor Hall 002
Present a state issued ID and current schedule when obtaining an ICC student ID card.
Guest cards are available for residents living in Community College District 514. Proof of residency and photo ID are required. Guest may only check-out books with their Guest Card.
Library guests can register for computer use and printing (see Guest User Standards).
General collection items circulate for 28 days. Students can renew 1 time, employees can renew 2 times.
- DVDs circulate for 7 days.
- Playaways and CDs circulate for 14 days.
- Headphones and laptops circulate for 2 hours of in-library use.
- Charging cords circulate for 2 hours.
- Tablets circulate for 7 days.
Periodicals, reference items and most reserve items are for in-library use. Each reserve item has a designated check-out period indicated on the item.
Fines and Fees for Overdue Items
Items not returned to the library after their due date are considered lost. Lost fees include: $25 overdue, $25 processing, and replacement fee (varies). Students with lost items will be blocked from checking out more items, registering for classes and obtaining a transcript until the item is returned or paid for.
If an item it returned damaged, the borrower will be charged replacement and processing fees.
Other Libraries’ Lending Policy
ICC participates in inter-library loan (ILL), any materials checked-out from other libraries are subject to that library’s policies for their item.