Instructional Innovation and Instructional Technology
Markie Castle, Copyright Facilitator and Adjunct Faculty, Paralegal
Markie will be available
Mondays 10:00 am - 2:00 pm at the North Campus (Cedar 6);
Thursdays 10:00 am – 3:00 pm at the East Peoria Campus (TLC 240A) and at Thomas, by appointment.
Markie is a copyright resource for the ICC faculty and staff. She is available to:
- Provide guidance and assistance (not legal counsel) concerning copyright issues.
- Research whether material needed in a classroom would be considered “fair use”.
- Review course packet materials and assist with making sure they are copyright compliant.
- Research and/or seek copyright permission from appropriate party, if material does not fall under “fair use” category.
- Support an ongoing education program on copyright laws and “fair use”.
- Present workshops or sessions to both faculty/ staff and students on copyright.
A newsletter that answers some common questions about copyright in the educational environment. All newsletters are PDF files and will open in a new window.
|View the Copyright Basics Flip Book|
Copyright Basics Booklet [PDF]
Developed at ICC to inform on basics of copyright and education.
Fair Use Checklist [PDF]
Copyright in Education: Common Questions & Answers [PDF]
A Collection of FAQ'S compiled from the Copyright Corner Newsletters.